[QGIS-Developer] Two proposals -- moratorium on LLM use, and requiring a "proof of life" for contributors
Even Rouault
even.rouault at spatialys.com
Wed Sep 16 03:48:13 PDT 2026
Le 16/09/2026 à 09:12, Alessandro Pasotti via QGIS-Developer a écrit :
> Sounds reasonable to me.
>
> About #2, as long as the proof of life entry fee is low enough to not
> discourage a human, it sounds good too.
>
> Would you mind sketching a QEP for these policy changes?
>
> FYI here is the current policy in GDAL
> https://gdal.org/en/stable/community/ai_tool_policy.html
I believe that GDAL current policy is too loose compared to the goals
expressed by Nyall.
Maybe there should be some checkbox in PR templates:
[ ] I declare that no AI coding agent is installed on my machine and
that I didn't have any access to one during the development of this
contribution.
--
http://www.spatialys.com
My software is free, but my time generally not.
LLMs contribute to global warming and brain rot.
Let's guillotine them! "Ah ! ça ira, ça ira, ça ira !"
More information about the QGIS-Developer
mailing list