[QGIS-Developer] Subject: Proposal: Direct MBTiles-to-TPKX Conversion for QGIS
Jim
dc95811 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 13:24:07 PDT 2026
Hello QGIS Development Team,
My name is Jim Gaddy. I'm an independent technical experimenter who has been working on making offline map production accessible to people without formal GIS training.
Working with ChatGPT, I've developed and field-tested a small, open-source Python converter that transforms standard raster MBTiles directly into native Esri Compact Cache V2 TPKX files.
The converter preserves the original imagery and individual zoom levels without intermediate GeoTIFF conversion or ArcGIS Pro. I've successfully used its output in ArcGIS Earth, including large metropolitan imagery datasets.
The complete program, technical documentation and MIT License are publicly available here:https://github.com/Jim-dc95811/QGIS-Mbtile-to-ArcGIS-Earth-TPKX
I've also published a short tutorial demonstrating the complete QGIS-to-ArcGIS Earth workflow:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C71n8TAByuE
I'd like to explore contributing this functionality to the QGIS community, ideally as an operation accessible through the Processing Toolbox.
Would you recommend developing it as an independent Processing plugin, or proposing its integration into QGIS itself?
I welcome your technical feedback and would appreciate guidance on the appropriate contribution process.
Thank you for your time.
Jim Gaddy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/attachments/20260929/9d51c906/attachment.htm>
More information about the QGIS-Developer
mailing list