[Qgis-psc] Fw: qgis web migration to osgeo

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu May 22 12:45:10 PDT 2008

Hi PSC,

Some info about the planned qgis.org migration. When we have qgis.osgeo.org
running, we can start and install joomla.

 regards,
  Otto

#####

Hi Frank,

that sound's nice and simple - I am happy we don't have to switch. I will talk
to the qgis volunteers and then come back to you. I guess what we already need
for the beginning is a qgis.osgeo.org subdomain on the telascience server and a
mysql database for the new joomla installation, could you arrange that for us,
please?

And because we want to prune the current qgis website back to the very
essentials, we plan to use qgis.osgeo.org as a test environment in the beginning
and I would like to ask, if we can have a htaccess password as well, so only the
people directly involved and the QGIS PSC can see and discuss the new template
and design until we officially migrate.

thanks a lot for your help,
  Otto