[Qgis-psc] Unofficial Sites

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 12:12:23 PST 2014

Hi!
According to:

Hi all.
I found a couple of websites that offer download of QGIS:
http://quantum-gis.softonic.it/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/quantumgis.mirror/
None of them appears to offer true binaries.
How do you feel about this?
All the best.

I tested the "downloaded" program - and in the first case it is nothing else than unwanted "downloader" software..

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/6eeed2922edf0cca81c650789336c286059e85b79af82450b48f0c136a22c156/analysis/1417550886/

It is more or less detected by antivirus programs .. but I am afraid
there is nothing we can do against it ..
People not downloading from the original page - well .. it is their own
fault.

for sourceforge I have no idea why they still mirror it ..

regards
Werner