[Qgis-psc] Motion: Resurrecting the RFC (QEP - QGIS Enhancement Proposal)

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Sep 3 08:25:14 PDT 2014

Hi Marco

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 2:45 , Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> >We accept the concept of formalised proposals for major changes to
> the QGIS project
>
> +1
>
> With the working group (2), at which point does the PSC have the
> possibility to give input and decide? Once the RFC/QEP proposal is
> finished?

I think we should differentiate between

a) how the  RFC group itself operates, and
b) how decisions about specific RFC's are made.

In the case of a) my suggestion is to give mandate to Nathan to self
organise, formulate procedures etc.

In the case of b) I think each RFC should be treated on its merits. If
it is a coding issue then you as coding PSC representative should be
consulted, if it relates to documentation then Otto, Release related
then Juergen and so on. For matters that have broad reach across the
project (or the affected PSC members feels it needs PSC input), we
should ask Nathan as part of his mandate to raise the topic with the
PSC.