[Qgis-psc] Increasing requests for targeted sponsorships

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Dec 22 05:30:56 PST 2015

Hi Andreas,

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 10:24 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>
wrote:

> I am getting an increasing number of requests for targeted financial
> contributions and wonder if it is ok to handle them.

​On ​our website
http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sponsorship/sponsorship.html,
we currently state quite clearly:
"
We regret that we cannot accept ‘earmarked’ funding as it creates many
administrative issues. If you are interested in funding specific aspects of
QGIS development, we encourage you to allocate additional human resources
to the project, e.g. hiring a developer, or participating to our bug fixing
initiative.
​"

Has our position on this changed? Do we have the resources to handle all
the administrative issues related to targeted donations or earmarked
funding - however we want to call it?

Best wishes,
Anita

​