[Qgis-psc] Credits for contributors

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Feb 27 08:58:01 PST 2015

Hi all.
Here my suggestions for acknowledging the important role of contributors.
===
1. In the Governance docs:
http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/index.html

Individuals, institutions and firms who contributed code to QGIS can let
people know about their contribution by:
* adding a short note on the commit itself (something like "Developed
with funding from ...) [did we agree on this?]
* adding a note to the changelog for the first version where the code
has been incorporated, of the type:
This feature was funded by: Olmiomland http://olmiomland.ol
This feature was developed by: Chuck Norris http://chucknorris.kr

2. In the Development page:
Contributors of new functions are encouraged to let people know about
their contribution by:
* adding a note to the changelog for the first version where the code
has been incorporated, of the type:
This feature was funded by: Olmiomland http://olmiomland.ol
This feature was developed by: Chuck Norris http://chucknorris.kr
* writing an article about the new feature on a blog, and add it to the
QGIS planet http://plugins.qgis.org/planet/

===
Comments welcome.

All the best.