[Qgis-psc] outstanding issues

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Nov 21 08:07:52 PST 2015

Hi all,

Il 20/11/2015 18:44, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
> Folks can I ask that we move the thread back to the practical issues of
> plotting a roadmap to solving our FTools issues rather than pursuing
> this avenue which is a dead-end in terms of getting a usable FTools into
> the hands of our users.

I think the best we can do now is do do a minimal fix of broken tools,
spending as little as possible, relying as much as possible on geos7ogr,
waiting for a more solid approach.
I'm still unsure we should replicate existing code: the problems have
been solved over and over in similar code (the closest being saga, also
C++), and redoing things instead of reusing and integrating them does
not sound right to me. I believe the approach we took with GDALTools was
more efficient.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu