[Qgis-psc] OSX 2.16 versions

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Jul 27 06:41:28 PDT 2016

Hi Jeff

> On 27 Jul 2016, at 3:26 PM, Jeff McKenna <jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
>
> (adding William to this thread)
>
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I am not surprised that I am totally wrong on all counts, I am for sure over-stepping my bounds.  Essentially I am trying to make sure that you include William on your team, and if anything I hope my (incorrect) email helps to bring everyone together.  I think this thread was asking questions, and my thinking is to bring everyone together and to talk.

Just to clarify: When I said we do not have a **lot** of interaction with William, it is isn't that we have **no** interaction with him, or that we consciously exclude him in any way - we always include him where OSX packaging discussions happen and at the same time try not to overload him with noise about things. A lot of the interaction is implicit - William follows along with the release process and builds packages when he has time. Think 'quiet genius working away in the basement' here :-) I think its pretty much the same for other packagers out there. We all greatly appreciate Williams effort and support over the years - I use his packages on my Mac and he does a really awesome job of getting QGIS to users on OSX.

—

Tim Sutton

Co-founder: Kartoza
Project chair: QGIS.org