[Qgis-psc] The inevitable question: extending freeze for 3.0?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 05:56:07 PDT 2017

Hi PSC,

There's a lot of major work still outstanding which would be good to
land in 3.0, and which is actively being worked on by developers. This
includes my layout work, the ongoing processing changes (although
these are nearly complete - more on that later), Lutra's 3d work, the
recently funded remaining server improvements, and Nathan's
configuration/profiles work (+ ideally the ongoing metadata work, if
someone steps up to fund the remaining work packages).

Given that the freeze is coming up quickly, I'd like to raise the
discussion now about whether we could/should push this back by a
month.

My personal situation is that while I should be able to complete the
layout work and the processing changes by the current freeze, an extra
month would allow me time to really make these improvements shine
(especially processing would benefit from an extra month to port all
the existing algorithms... but that's another discussion I'll raise
soon).

Is this possible? A good idea? A bad idea? Desired by anyone else but me?

Nyall