[Qgis-psc] QGIS Server funding

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 18 06:05:35 PDT 2017

Hi Yves,

Thanks for checking.

Please forward the technical details. 4-5 days of work is a substantial
investment, so we need to better understand what is involved, what are
the suggestions for speeding up PNG encoding and what the expected
result will be.

If possible, I would still propose to ask the City of Uster, if they
would pay for it. But, they would need, just like we - more details and
an offer.

Thanks,

Andreas

On 2017-07-18 11:09, yjacolin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here a short report about issues on PNG format. We are checking the first issue on PNG compression as it seems that it is a really specific use case.
>
> However we did some profiling on WMS getmap and motives that we lost a lot of time is spent on emcoding the in memory image into png. This issue needs 4-5 days.
>
> I got a more technical information on another email address but I can't copy past easily from my laptop to my phone  (hostel Wi-Fi is not working well).
>
> Y.
>
> Envoyé depuis mon smartphone Samsung Galaxy.

Andreas Neumann QGIS.ORG [1] board member (treasurer)

Links:
------
[1] http://QGIS.ORG