[Qgis-psc] QGIS 2.18 bug fixing effort

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue May 23 00:13:23 PDT 2017

Il 22/05/2017 17:14, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
> Unfortunately... hi again.
>
> Definitely NOT a good day for the 2.18.8 update.
>
> I just confirmed this, also was not a problem in 2.18.7
>

> https://issues.qgis.org/issues/16594
>

> WFS crashing QGIS on 2.18.8

Too bad, thanks Giovanni for checking. I think these are serious enough
to warrant an early release of 2.18.9 when fixed, or removing .8 from
downloads.
As a side note: only innocuous bugfixes should go into a release branch;
can we understand what has gone wrong, to prevent it in the future? Is
there a serious lack of tests in this area to prevent these problems to
go unnoticed?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu