[Qgis-psc] Migration to Github

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Wed Feb 14 13:57:47 PST 2018

Hi Denis

> On 14 Feb 2018, at 19:48, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PSC,
>
> On the minutes of last PSC meeting, a "proposition to respond" was accepted, but if I'm correct there were no resonse yet.
>
> Shall we take what is written in the minutes as the decision? Or shall we wait for a communication from your side ?
>
> Thanks for letting us know as the accepted decision from the vote was to move to github before the release of 3.0…

I can say that even though the vote was passed the PSC did not agree to immediately switching to GitHub since they had concerns that they feel supersede the vote (as mentioned by Andreas below). The plan is to discuss (and conclude!) this at the hackfest in Madeira. It would be great if you could lead the discussion [1] since you are highly invested in this and try to lead everyone to an amicable, practical solution which has a clear majority (if such a thing is possible). I also appeal to others who have strong opinions about the bug tracker to participate in the discussion - lock yourselves in a room and don’t come out until you have some kind of consensus …. I’d really hate to see the discussion carry on beyond the hackfest as I think it is a diversion of effort away from the core work of making QGIS.

[1] https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/DeveloperMeetingMadeira2018#moving-the-qgis-bug-tracker-away-from-redmine <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/DeveloperMeetingMadeira2018#moving-the-qgis-bug-tracker-away-from-redmine>