[Qgis-psc] Licence of maps

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Feb 25 00:16:22 PST 2018

Dear Joerg,
we have recently been contacted by several authors of papers submitted
to PLOS one, requesting an authorization for a special licence for their
mapping works created with QGIS. We are pretty sure there is a
misunderstanding here: QGIS is free and open source software, released
under GPLv2 licence. Therefore, all the code linking to it must have the
same licence, or a compatible one. Works created with it, however, can
have any licence the authors decide to assign.
I hope this clarifies the issue. If not, please contact us so we can
jointly solve this issue.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu