[Qgis-psc] News feed

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Oct 31 05:24:48 PDT 2019

Thanks everyone ;-)

I totally agree that local events do not have to be advertised globally
and we are working on that. Good, that there seem to be solutions. So
that part of the debate can easily be closed.

What I don't understand is, why a foreign (non english) language seems
to be annoying to some. Let's don't forget that english is a strange
language for billions of people on this planet. And many people inside
Europe speak foreign languages that are not spoken in their home country
- so what is the problem?

I don't think we will offend people by, occasionally delivering content
in another language. I am pretty sure that the french QGIS users, if
they have an event, will also want to advertise their event in french. I
hope that once they do that - and assuming that geofencing is properly
working - that they also include parts of Switzerland and Belgium ;-) or
their oversea territories. Btw: that leads to a feature request ;-)
https://feed.qgis.org/admin/ needs to support Multipolygons ;-)