[Qgis-psc] AGM: plugins vote

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Sat Apr 11 07:01:58 PDT 2020

Hi all,

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 1:07 PM Saber Razmjooei <
saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk> wrote:

> The whole situation can be solved by having some guidelines:

You're right. The problem is that there is no general agreement in the PSC
how these guidelines should look like. (We've spent many meetings trying to
find consensus.) Therefore the idea was born to ask the wider
community, represented by the voting members, to break the tie.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 4:32 PM Marco Bernasocchi <marco at qgis.org> wrote:

> Saber, to give some context it all started with the discussion about the

Windows only version of a QGIS 2.18x plugin. The community opinions
> there were fairly divergent and Paolo's position very firm on not
> wanting just suggestions but strict rules. From it the PSC ticket [3]
> was born and discussion has been going on (and off) for a while trying
> to get a sensible text to be voted on.

That's right. As noted in the minutes of the Nov2019 PSC meeting:
"Platform specific plugins - most in community don’t seem to mind (Paolo
strongly objects to “proprietary OS only” plugins e.g. ones that run only
on Windows or Mac)"

> Unfortunately I've to agree with Vincent here that the text is not ready
> to be voted on.

+1

I'm really disappointed to invest so much time for non central
> discussions and impractical schemes that take the focus away from
> helping QGIS

+1

I'll go analyze the LTR usage survey.

Regards,