[Qgis-psc] Point cloud crowdfunding promotion in QGIS feed

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Aug 24 08:58:15 PDT 2020

Hi

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 1:31 PM Andreas Neumann <andreas at qgis.org> wrote:

> Yes - of course. +1
>
> How about the QGIS 3.14 announcement? In my opinion, we should have a
> second person assisting Jürgen with the release management, taking care of
> things like the feed announcement, Visual changelog and other marketing
> stuff, next to the technical tasks that Jürgen is handling.

Do you mean 3.16? Charles has already been working to keep the changelog
populated as new features come in:

https://changelog.qgis.org/en/qgis/version/3.16/

We are really aiming to have the changelog ready on release day, but
obviously it depends on a volunteer effort.

I will make the feed announcement for 3.16 too, once the changelog is
available.

Anita normally posts to the QGIS blog when a release comes out e.g.
http://blog.qgis.org/2020/06/25/qgis-3-14-pi-is-released/

Juergen usually tweets out the release which a bunch of us re-tweet.

Did you have anything else in mind Andreas?

Maybe Juergen it would be good for you to share any items that you would
like help with so we can share the work around, but I fear the
deep-dark-nerdy stuff you do for a release is less easy to recruit people
to help you with :0

Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net