[Qgis-psc] [VOTE] Re: AGM voting: invalid votes

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Sat May 2 04:21:16 PDT 2020

Hi All,

On 02.05.20 11:20, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I kind of compare our voting members with a parliament. Because voting
> members are representatives of other people,

only half of the voting members represent other people

> it is important that these votes are public and not anonymous. All
> votes of parliament members are public (at least in many countries).
> In Switzerland there is a website that publishes all votes of all
> parliament members:
> https://www.parlament.ch/de/ratsbetrieb/abstimmungen/wer-hat-wie-abgestimmt-im-nationalrat
> (available in german, french, italian - no english). There you can
> filter by party, topic, people, etc. - it is important that these
> votes are public, so one can decide which persons to re-elect or check
> if the voting member voted as promised to the people they represent.
>
> I think anonymous voting would be important if all our end users would
> have a vote.

as above, half of the people are end users.

> Does this make sense to you?

to me both options are ok, we just need to decide. it is just a bit
weird for me being candidate and taking care of the correctness of the
votes.

> Even if we decided to go anonymous, this would be technically
> difficult as Tim said.

not really, it depends on the solution we use. With loomio we can do
anonymous voting [0] for logged in users. They have a whole guide on how
to run virtual AGM's [0]

Cheers Marco

[0]
https://help.loomio.org/en/guides/virtual_agm/#5-electing-directors-and-appointing-board-members