[Qgis-psc] [VOTE] Re: AGM voting: invalid votes

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sat May 2 16:19:03 PDT 2020

Hey,

I was always under the assumption the votes are anonymous and IMO it should
stay that way.    I feel like any votes for this kind of thing (positions
of power etc) should always be anonymous to avoid 1) hurt feeling "I
thought they liked me why didn't they vote for me" 2) people questioning
other people's votes after the fact e.g bullying 3) if just feels off to me
for this kind of thing.

It's like when we vote here in Australia. We get marked off that we have
voted before we vote and then we vote in a seperate section with no
connection to name.  I know that doing this non electronically allows for
this flow better, but I think we should look for options to allow that kind
of thing.

I know we are doing the best we can for now but if double votes and/or
being voted for the different positions is a issue I think we should
address that first before dumping lists of names and who voted for who.

- Nathan