[Qgis-psc] AGM - processing the voting results

Marco Bernasocchi marco at qgis.org
Mon May 4 05:24:41 PDT 2020

Hi Andreas

On 04.05.20 13:25, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> Thanks for doing this processing.
>
> However, the weighted PSC votes formula is something we need to
> revisit I think. It systematically favors person who run for chair or
> vice-chair.
> Is this really the formula we agreed on last time?
I agree with you, I just did what our charter says ([1]). Since last
time I was not in the PSC, I can't say what you discussed back then. I
think Anita and Tim crunched the numbers then.

> And why does the ranking within the PSC really matter? I added a new
> column with the actual votes and the results are quite different.

Again, I agree with you, I just did what the charter says:

"QGIS Voting Members shall be allowed a number of votes equal to the
number of PSC memberships up for election and shall be asked to rank
their votes in order of preference. The votes shall be weighted based on
the number of PSC positions being voted for." [2]

Cheers

Marco

[1]
https://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/charter.html#election-of-board-members