[Qgis-psc] Update on the peertube idea

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Fri Feb 19 06:08:06 PST 2021

Hi all

Just an update on my previous thread. I have tested peertube out quite a
bit and it has some issues that make it not suitable for our open days. In
particular no live chat during streams and inability to reconnect a stream
if it gets disconnected. So for now I have set up an official QGIS youtube
channel using our QGIS google account and created an QGIS 'Brand Channel'
which will let me add any collaborators who need to be able to manage the
streaming process, without needing to make Google qgis.org accounts for
them too. Marco I have added you to the brand account to. So this open day
we will stream to YouTube still but to a QGIS channel instead of a Kartoza
channel.

Also please help to promote the event amongst your networks and if you know
of any your GIS/QGIS practitioners, please invite them to give a talk!

 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development
* GIS Training
* Consulting Services