[Qgis-psc] Fwd: Financing QGIS through Dev Protocol

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Thu Feb 18 05:31:22 PST 2021

Yes - I also read that the Bitcoin system uses more energy than all of
Switzerland and Austria combined as countries. But this seems to be a
particularly bad design of the Bitcoin system. Not all of the crypto
currencies seem to have this issue.

But I will reply to the person who raised the issue stating that we are not
participating in systems that are not fully transparent to us how they work
and where we don't understand the system without investing a lot of
resources.

Thanks all for your feedback!
Andreas