[Qgis-psc] Fwd: @qgis has been approved for GitHub Sponsors

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Oct 7 08:21:49 PDT 2021

Hi Marco,

Oh - now I see what you mean with tiers - and mimic sustaining
memberships.

Oh this makes my life as a treasurer really complicated now. Sustaining
memberships are on e-mail request and they are per year and not per
month - as you offer them now.

Can we call this a "recurring donation" and not "sustaining membership"?
Otherwise I would have to check multiple payment systems for sustaining
membership payments. And what happens if some doesn't pay for a whole
year, but only three or four months? This can easily turn into a mess
for our accounting. For sustaining memberships there are different
mechanisms: first I send an invoice on request and then they pay through
wire transfer or stripe. And they are always per year, and not for any
arbitrary time.

Thanks,

Andreas