[Qgis-psc] [QGIS-Developer] Travel Grants contributor meeting Firenze 2022

Andreas Neumann andreas at qgis.org
Tue Aug 2 06:02:16 PDT 2022

Dear colleagues,

As a follow-up information to Marco's mail: as already communicated before,
we have reserved 29 beds right at the contributor meeting venue (CX place,
5 double and 19 single rooms) reserved for the contributor meeting, but
only 16 rooms are assigned yet - many of you have decided to rent AirBNB or
other hotel rooms.

Unfortunately, this will leave QGIS.ORG with 13 beds/rooms that are already
paid, but, as of now, will not be used. So if you are able to cancel your
hotel or AirBNB and move into the CX place, please get in touch with
Rossella di Bari, one of the local organizers, to get you assigned to the
CX place. See
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/wiki/24th-Contributors-Meeting-in-Firenze for
information on how to contact Rossella.

Please note that QGIS.ORG cannot pay for hotels or AirBNB outside of the CX
place.

Thank you and looking forward to meet many of you in Firenze,
Andreas

On Tue, 2 Aug 2022 at 14:20, Marco Bernasocchi via QGIS-Developer <
qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> Dear Community,
> we're finally getting really close to a physical meeting. As I'm sure all
> of you know, the next QGIS contributor meeting is planned in conjunction
> with this year’s FOSS4G in Firenze, Italy from 18 to 22 August 2022.
> you can find all details here:
> https://blog.qgis.org/2022/05/03/save-the-date-qgis-contributor-meeting-in-firenze
>

> For this years' meeting we have limited travel grants available as
> QGIS.org is already covering the food and reserved rooms.
>
> If you are interested in a travel Grant, please get in touch with Andreas (
> finance at qgis.org) stating the amount and motivation for the grant.
> All grant recipient are expected to provide a short report of their
> activities at the meeting and are encouraged to travel by train
>
> See you soon in Firenze!
>
> ciao
> Marco
>
> --