[qgis-qwc2] Transitioning from QWC1 to QWC2

Adriano Kaulich adriano.kaulich at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 04:56:57 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I was exited to learn at FOSSGIS 2017 that QWC2 was already at beta and
wanted to try it out. I didn't realize though, that the architecture is
very different to that of the original QWC. Once I got the demo app
running (which was comfortably easy to do), I tried to investigate how
the new QWC works.

In the original QWC, *.qgs-files could be saved in the project folder,
where the demo projects where located as well. With QWC2 though, I have
a hard time finding the location of the demo projects, or understanding
how I would implement my own. I have several QWC-Projects with the
original Version that I wanted to move to the new QWC2. What I took away
from the German documentation is, that projects are now called themes.
But I didn't understand how to edit a theme with QGIS Desktop, nor was
it made clear where the demo themes are stored as QGIS-Project files. Is
there a tutorial out there that eases the transition from QWC1 to QWC2?

With best regards,
Adriano