[qgis-qwc2] Status check qwc2

Karl Magnus Jönsson Karl-Magnus.Jonsson at kristianstad.se
Thu Aug 24 04:45:37 PDT 2017

Hi all!
We are about to decide what our next step for QWC2 will be. It would be valuable knowing what other people planning, doing and using the project. I have a few questions:

·         Is there any plans for development in the near future and what is the focus then?

·         Is there anyone got an public web client in production or testing to get inspired how to configure?

·         Our approach to get good performance in our previous clients is to seed and cache requests for the layers in the map. In qwc2 every change in layer visibility or transparency results in a new request that is hard to cache efficient. I suppose that is an intended behavior. How are you thinking about getting good performance and user experience?

·         Another concern is how to customize without interfering too much with the code. For example if we want to develop an alternative layer tree widget. Could we just add our module and turn off the present without destroying it's functionality? Is the code enough flexible and modular? Maybe a tricky question to answer. But the intention from the beginning was to have a flexible and modular client.

Happy for some answers.

Regards

Karl-Magnus Jönsson | Gis-Utvecklare
Geografisk information
Miljö- och samhällsbyggnadsförvaltningen
Kristianstads kommun
Besöksadress: Västra Storgatan 12
Postadress: 291 80 Kristianstad