[qgis-qwc2] Compiling issues with latest sources

roman.meier at gismap.ch roman.meier at gismap.ch
Sat Jul 25 01:39:51 PDT 2020

Hi folks,

I wanted to the check out the latest qwc2 sources but I'm facing challenges. The older qwc2 sources which are about 3 months old compile just fine. The current ones don't.

What I did so far:

git clone --recursive https://github.com/qgis/qwc2-demo-app.git
cd qwc2-demo-app
yarn start

A number of missing modules were then reported to me and I added them:

npm install --save deepmerge object-path axios xml2js lodash.isempty webfonts-generator webpack webpack-dev-server webpack-cli babel-loader @babel/core @babel/plugin-proposal-class-properties @babel/plugin-proposal-object-rest-spread @babel/preset-env @babel/preset-react react react-intl react-dom style-loader css-loaderstring-replace-loader url-loader

I'm now getting quite a number of very similar erros. They are of the two types:

ERROR in ./js/SearchProviders.js
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'qwc2/actions/search' in '/skole/tjener/home0/roman/qwc2-demo-app/js'
 @ ./js/SearchProviders.js 73:15-45
 @ ./js/appConfig.js
 @ ./js/app.jsx

ERROR in ./js/appConfig.js
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'react-intl/locale-data/de' in '/skole/tjener/home0/roman/qwc2-demo-app/js'
 @ ./js/appConfig.js 113:18-54
 @ ./js/app.jsx

 I can fix those errors by editing the respective files by changing the paths, e.g. "../qwc2/actions/search" instead of "qwc2/actions/search".

However, there must be an easier way. Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Roman