[Qgis-tr] QGIS 2.0 release plans

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 13:57:55 PDT 2013

Dear Translators!

It will take probably some time more .. but even better - there is more
room for translations!
I would like to take this opportunity to inform you about the current plans
of the QGIS 2.0 release..

At the moment it looks like this:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2013-June/026669.html

So you see the string freeze will happen on 25th of June (I'll post a
separate announcement then)
This mail is just to give you 12 days more to keep up with the translation.
I am currently expecting some changes to strings for the next few days but
I will do an update to all available languages on the 15th of June to give
you the most recent strings to work on.
Then there will be the last and final update for the stringfreeze happening
directly after the announcement. Then you should have at least one week to
finish translations without any string changing in source.

I'd also like to skip every language below 25% of translation (probably
30%). But I am willing to discuss that with you.

So if you have some files that should be committed to be updated on the
15th of June please send them to me or make a pull request on github.

I assume there will be at least one week more after the String freeze (it's
also possible that it would take us 4 more weeks to fix bugs but I would
not count on that). Better be safe than sorry.

Thanks for all the effort and freetime you put into the translations!

Hope to hear from all of you soon!

kind regards
Werner