[Qgis-tr] linguist vs. transifex in GUI translation

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 05:40:13 PDT 2014

Hi Alexandre,

Yes, only one big resource file exists, and honestly I don't want to
split it (yet) because the merge with the main file qgis_xx.ts is
difficult enough. But how often translators work on the same file at
the same time?
I think the conflicts will be minimal. Translators with transifex just
don't have to forget about uploading or closing the file properly
otherwise it would be locked for 24h.
If you want you can also collaborate on your translation file with git
somewhere and upload it to transifex once you are satisfied.
(But that would basically mean to stick to the current translation anyway)

The main problem is that if both sides are being translated one side
get overwritten by the other.. So thats why I said EITHER github OR
transifex. Merging those to files is nearly impossible in an easy not
time consuming way.

regards
Werner