[Qgis-tr] linguist vs. transifex in GUI translation

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Wed Apr 16 08:10:31 PDT 2014

On 04/16/2014 12:58 PM, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> Hello Werner,
>
> How many resource files will exist in transifex, only one? Will this
> mean that the all translations in one language will be locked by a
> single translator?

Hi Alexandre,

that depends on your workproces. There is just one ts file, so if you
want to work with linguist, just work in the old way.

But pt_PT is at >90% so I think it is usefull if you then work via
Transifex: BUT using the web interface, NOT by downloading (and locking)
the ts file.
In that way you can work in parallel, as when you work via the
webinterface, to my knowledge nothing is locked, you work string by
string then.

Only drawback for transifex I see now, is for new langauges because if
you just start a translation, in transifex the strings are not grouped
by sections like you see in linguist.

But if you are (like PT) >90%, I think it is ok, you just search all
changed or untranslated files easily.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde