[Qgis-tr] Possible Tagalog Translator

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 23:56:23 PDT 2014

Hi!

Welcome and thanks for your offer to translate QGIS to Tagalog.
We are currently in a testphase for a "new" way of translating.

I am trying to make it easier for newcomers and introduced the
webbased transifex translation a few days ago.
Advantages of transifex are:

* webbased
* only deal with transifex, no other programs are necessary
* translate whenever and wherever you want
* more overview in collaboration and easy join for more possible translators

Disadvantages:

* to stick close to the main file the translation is not splitted, so
it is one big file
* for online translation you need a good internet connection (but you
can checkout the file of transifex and work on it offline too, but
remember that this will make it impossible for others to do online
translation on the same file until you upload it again)

To make it shorter:
For GUI Translation I would ask you to create a transifex account [0]
and add a new language of Tagaloga.
This will also be the first case of creating and adding a new language
in transifex style for me.
I will take care about the rest of adding it to the QGIS GUI.

If transifex is not the way to go and people are not satisfied with it
there is always the way to switch back to the (more complicated but
better for experienced people/translators offline github/linguist way)

Thanks a lot for offering help to bring QGIS to a new language and
welcome on board.
If you have any questions just write an email to the list or drop me a note.

kind regards
Werner

[0] https://www.transifex.com