[Qgis-tr] I would like to help in translating

Yu-Hsuan Tu dobe0331 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:55:29 PDT 2014

Hi Werner,

Thanks for your explanation. I am new to translating community so I just
would like to confirm that is ISO 936-1 the same with ISO 639 code (I can
only find this result on google)? If yes then I think there are suitable
codes for the two (Traditional and Simplified) Chinese character system.

Simplified Chinese = zh-hans (Chinese character system for Mainland China,
Singapore, Malaysia)
Traditional Chinese = zh-hant (Chinese character system for other Chinese)

here's the link for reference: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese
Please let me know If there's any possibility to use these correct codes
and names, thank you.

> Hi and thanks for helping with the translations.
>
> I did a quick search - usually we use ISO 936-1 to name the language files
> ..
> But ISO 936-1 does only have "Chinese" there is no separation of
> traditional and simplified.
>
> And I cannot find any abbreviations for that.
>
> If you have any suggestions how to name the files correctly you are
> very welcome. As I am not a chinese native speaker I just choose the
> first suggested names. On Wikipedia I can also see that there are
> first and second round of simplification.
> In any way - you are welcome to make suggestions
>
> Thanks a lot
> kind regards
> Werner
>
> On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM,  <dobe0331 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Macho,
> >
> > Thanks for your instruction. I just sent a message to the coordinater and
> > hope that I could get reply soon!
> > Another thing I would like to suggest is that there are Chinese(China)
> and
> > Chinese(Taiwan) in categories. Have you ever considered to change it to
> > Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese since the latter is also being
> > used in Hong Kong and Macau? It can also prevent some sensitive words
> such
> > as “province of China” ☹
> >
> > 從「Windows 郵件」送出
> >
> > 寄件者: Werner Macho