[Qgis-tr] Tool to help users find out what terms are translated to

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Tue Jul 8 01:10:43 PDT 2014

Hi James,

not 100% sure if I understand what you mean exactly, but want to let you
know that transifex already has some notion of 'glossary':

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/qgis-documentation/glossary/l/no/

is that what you mean?

I have been thinking also about some lookup table for words/terms often
used in translation so a translations becomes more inconsistent.
But I hope that transifex could give us some of that functionality (note
that I'm not a vivid transifex user myself...).

IF you start implementing something yourself, plz keep it simple (maybe
just an online spreadsheet/table)? And if you want other community
members to host/develop/manage it, then stay close to the tools that we
already use in the project.

For all this kind of actions in FOSS, the answer often is: just try/do
it, and time will tell if it is successfull/helpfull :-)

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde