[Qgis-tr] Is it possible to get a language 100% tarnslated?

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 00:42:55 PDT 2014

Hi!

The connection from source code to transifex is done automatically..
Whenever the qgis_en.ts (the english original source translation file)
changes .. transifex notices that and tries to fetch it from github to
provide new strings in transifex. That usually works within 24h of an
update (so not in realtime).

The connection from transifex to the source (github) is currently done
manually. Last time I did it half an hour before the source was taken
to build the release.
We are working on a way to automate that and transfer the transifex
translations at least once a week.

But there will always be the chance to do it manually right in front
of a release to not miss any translations.

The reason why some translations are always at 100% is easy.
Even to me it looks like that some developers provide the translation
actually before the changes in the code hit the source (joke).
No honestly.. Some developers are just immediately translating their
string changes in source after they happened. And as one of the core
developers is german.. German will always be one of the "always 100%"
languages.

As there are still some languages here or there (means on transifex
and github) and some languages are simply not responding on the
question where they want to translate, I soon want to switch the
"default" to transifex. In that way I just can fetch every language
from transifex which would solve the complicated "here or there" I
currently have.

Regarding the question if finish, the 2.4 release is done with 99%
(which is an amazing value). And I am sure for 2.6 it will be 100%.

IIRC there was some confusion about where to fetch the translation
from and honestly I am not sure if finish was already at 100% at that
time but again - compare it to the average and you'll see everything
above 95% is amazing.

It's just the migration from github to transfex which caused some
small "troubles" but I am sure we are going to fix that within the
next release.

BTW: Any suggestions when to switch to transifex as default for GUI
Translation? A lot of languages already changed but some are just "not
answering" :(

We are working on automate that all - but please give us time - and
until than it has to be done manually.

But whenever you think the translations from transifex should be
collected and transfered to the source please just drop me a note and
I will try to transfer them as soon as possible.

kind regards
Werner