[Qgis-tr] Translation Pull Request to the release branch is acceptable?

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 02:27:39 PST 2014

Hi Richard!

I do not expect many changes in strings in the LTS branch but as I
could see right now there are at least some changes (I was surprised
by the 2.6.1 release).

Personally I think we must give translators a chance to bring up the
LTS release as far as they can - even when they start from like 10%.

I am heavily in favor of creating a LTS part (only for the desktop
application) probably call it qgis-application-lts and with the
branching of the LTS release the scripts inside LTS have to be
adjusted to point to that transifex resource.

Master is evolving too fast (even in terms of strings) to keep
everything bound to master.

In that way translators can work on both - bring up the LTS release if
they want to (and that will be more or less string-stable over 1 year)
OR keep up with normal day to day translations on master.

Why do you think it is better to provide only one transifex translation?
I could even keep the LTS translations in my account on transifex to
make it easer to see the difference.

kind regards
Werner