[Qgis-tr] Niche question

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Mon Oct 27 03:44:27 PDT 2014

On 27-10-14 00:05, Kari Salovaara wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in Transifex strings have basicly two modes, not translated and
> translated and you'll get their amount in numbers respectively.
> in QGIS (desktop) when you look Help -> About -> Translators you'll see
> all languages and there's a bar which visualizes the amount how much is
> translated. But that same bar shows a tooltip where You find three
> different modes (!) finished, unfinished and untranslated. (Of course
> the numbers don't match with Transifex, only the total is correct. But
> this is not relevant now)
>
> How this, two and three, is explained ? And why these cannot match so
> that a simple fellow like me could understand this ? What is unfinished?

Hi Kari,

before transifex we used Qt-Linguist for translation, but still QGIS
uses all Qt tools to get translations into the application.

The user format: 'ts file' is actually an xml file which for every
string has these term's (unfinished etc) in it (have a look into one of
the i18m/qgis_xx.ts files).

The html for the bars is generated by the script tsstat.pl:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/scripts/tsstat.pl#L124

the finished/unfinished counts are actually generated by the Qt command
'lrelease' which you can also run by hand:

richard at kwik/tmp$ lrelease qgis_es.ts
Updating 'qgis_es.qm'...
    Generated 10756 translation(s) (10489 finished and 267 unfinished)
    Ignored 914 untranslated source text(s)

And those counts actually is what you seen in the bar's.

As Maris already stated, I think unfinished is a string which is already
translated, but the source string is missing a punctuation or so?

HTH,

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde