[Qgis-tr] 2 days for freeze and important information

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 01:07:49 PDT 2014

Hi Translators!

As the next version of QGIS (2.6) is already knocking on the doors (2
days to freeze, which will also mean that the changes of strings will
decrease and you can continue translating better and better) the
release is currently planned for 2014/10/24 12:00:00 UTC (that means
30 days from now).

As the translation with transifex is running well (and it is also
possible to download and upload the qgis_xx.ts file directly from
transifex) which makes it a lot easier for me to coordinate, I'd like
to make transifex the DEFAULT way for translating QGIS GUI.
I guess that also makes it a lot easier for translators to participate
(please just tell me if there are problems).
So after the 2.6 release I'll take all translations from transifex
(maybe with a few exceptions where developers are also translators and
have direct write access to the repository).

Thanks a lot for all your contributions and .. Let's start for 2.6 Release!

kind regards
Werner