[Qgis-tr] transifex connection to source/dialog

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Jan 9 11:19:04 PST 2015

On 09-01-15 19:25, Siki Zoltan wrote:
> Hi Tranlators,
>
> I got in trouble with transifex checking the translation.
> The Solid word sometimes refer to solid line sometimes solid fill.
> In Hungarian (I translate QGIS to Hungarian) I have to use different words
> for solid (line) and solid (fill). There are three "Solid" strings.
> Is there any way to find out from where these strings come (source line
> or dialog)?

Others, please correct me if I'm wrong.

But I think that transifex looses the information which is available
(for QGIS-Desktop) in a newly generated .ts file.

But, if you do a 'Download for translation' download of the ts file, you
can open it in Linguist, and then at least you'll have a pointer because
every string is part of a 'resource'. Most resource names will at least
point you to some place in the sources.

(MMM, info below is deprecated apparently....)
Another option (but please be carefull, maybe only do this as a
maintainer!), is to generate the ts file yourself (running
scripts/update_ts.sh if I'm correct). Depending on your toolchain it
then shows you also the line and cpp file of a string....
As long as you do not upload your generated ts file, there is no problem
anyway...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde