[Qgis-tr] QGIS knock knock

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Oct 23 01:11:47 PDT 2015

On 23-10-15 09:53, Ari Jolma wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> So to get translations to 2.12 I have four hours, and changes after that
> will go into 2.14.

Hi Ari,

your name could be dutch, it is not dutch you are talking about is it?
Because we are on 99% and 23 strings to be translated currently, so 4
hours should be ok :-)

But seriously: translation is done via transifex.com, and we are always
translating the master version (I think, Werner?).
So the translation at transifex should be a continous proces, Werner is
just asking people to do the last steps in case they are not aware of a
release.

> Another question. Sometimes I think the original English text might need
> some improvement. Is there a standard procedure for getting suggestions
> to the developer?

I think best to write this to the dev emailing list or IRC, it is always
good to be heared. For example I asked about trying to generalize the
terms used in the symbolization dialogs recently.
OR try to do a Pull Request yourself. But 'good terms' and 'english' can
be hard to discuss about.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde
ps IF you are dutch: you can contact me (richard at duif.net) or Diethard
in the person of 'language coordinators dutch'