[Qgis-tr] Working on Traditional Chinese and some problem found

Dennis Raylin Chen b92612009 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 20:42:24 PST 2016

Hi list

I'm not here for a fight. Here is a longer explanation

There are several area using Chinese language around the world, and there
are two different type character sets use for the Chinese language.

I think someone thought as being a Taiwanese is not enough to prove that it
should use Taiwan Flag as a symbol for Traditional Chinese, because Taiwan
is not officially recognized by most countries in the world, here is the
English Wikipedia link for Traditional Chinese characters
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_Chinese_characters

You can see that Traditional Chinese is most used in Taiwan and is taught
in Taiwan school. I think it makes sense to change to Taiwan flag, due to
the de facto status China does not control Taiwan. And I thought the Open
Source community does not follow the political de jure status, should use
the situation in real world.

I think most Taiwanese using QGIS will be mad about the About Translator
section in QGIS. I will appreciate to change the flag to more appropriate
one, and also the QGIS users in Taiwan.

Dennis