[Qgis-tr] Typo in qgis-application .ts-file

DelazJ delazj at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 03:13:45 PST 2016

Hi,

> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on
> https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm new on this list, so excuse me if there is another procedure for
> reporting source text errors. But first:
>
> In my qgis-application_is.ts file there is the message "Barscale Options"
> in between other messages about "Scalebar" (approx. line # 28845):
>
>     <message>
>         <source>Scalebar segment size mode</source>
>         <translation type="unfinished"></translation>
>     </message>
> </context>
> <context>
>     <name>QgsComposerScaleBarWidgetBase</name>
>     <message>
>         <source>Barscale Options</source>
>         <translation>Valkostir kvarðastiku</translation>
>     </message>
>     <message>
>         <source>Scalebar</source>
>
> Is this an error ?
> Should "barscale" be "scalebar" ?
>
> I've seen some other errors and imprecisions in the source text, apart
> from reporting a bug, is there another way to announce/submit potential
> typos (for discussion first, then maybe submit a bug) ?
>
> Yes, there are other ways to get things fixed:

- You can report it here or at hub.qgis.org (tagged as translation) and
hope someone will do the job (note that as you began, it can be an
opportunity to discuss things but I'm not sure it's the best/quickest way)

- Given that you have access to qgis-application_is.ts file I assume you
already have an account on Transifex (otherwise, see
http://qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/translate.html#becoming-a-translator).
You can directly fix strings from the web interface or download the file
and fix it locally before pushing it to web (some notes about this process
at
http://docs.qgis.org/2.14/en/docs/documentation_guidelines/do_translations.html
though a bit documentation oriented). Note that those fixes in
qgis-application_is.ts file will apply to QGIS3.0 as it's the next release.
The Transifex webpage also offered a chat room which imho seems a better
place to discuss icelandic translation stuffs

- If you want strings to be fixed in earlier maintained releases (actually
2.14 and 2.18), you need to propose a pull request to the branch in QGIS
repository (www.github.com/qgis/QGIS). You'll need a github account, fork
the QGIS repository and fixes a qgis_is.ts which should, if i'm not wrong,
be in https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/tree/release-2_18/i18n (i couldn't find
it, unless Icelandic has another code than "is"). Or is it because they not
yet reach the minimum required to be pushed to desktop application (they
are at 50%)?

Hope that clarifies things and if it doesn't, please ask again,
Harrissou

Best regards,