[Qgis-tr] ⦠sufix

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 00:34:22 PST 2018

On 10.03.2018 08:57, Ari Jolma wrote:

> Xan,
>
> The "…" originates from encoding confusion somewhere along the workflow.

What seems to happen - and I guess Jürgen could explain better and
hopefully provide a fix somewhere - is the following. I'm looking at
AddScriptFromFileAction.py source code which is python.

1) the ellipsis character is a three byte UTF8 character in the source
code (e2 80 a6)
2) the string is read by pylupdate5 and put into a ts file as
… (this is in my linux, pylupdate5 version 5.5.1)
3) those three HTML hexadecimal entities are interpreted as three
characters on the browser

If I change the three character junk string with an ellipsis character
in the ts file I download from transifex, the string is correctly
translated in QGIS. Otherwise it is not.

Ari