[Qgis-tr] Concerns about translations and QGIS overall credibility

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 14:51:47 PDT 2020

A terça, 30/06/2020, 17:49, Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de> escreveu:

> Transifex Webtranslation page for QGIS is on
> https://www.transifex.com/qgis/
>
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> On Mon, 29. Jun 2020 at 23:20:01 +0100, Alexandre Neto wrote:
> > I have been looking into the Portuguese translations of the GUI and the
> > Docs, and I got really scared. Many translations were done completely out
> > of context, making it very hard to read or understand what was
> > originally written in English, even if you are familiar with the
> > terminology.
>
> Is that a long standing issue?   I would have expected the portuguese
> translation to be in better shape.

It's just some terms that are really bad translated. For example, the
english verbs are quite simple, just a few conjunctions, in Portuguese the
same English version can have many different outcomes and meanings if not
in context.

> I didn't hear complaining - or maybe just missed it, because I couldn't
> help
> with portuguese anyway.

You don't see people complaining in the open. Like I said I hear it in
training courses only.

> How does the brasilian portuguese translation compare?   I don't know how
> different the two are.

Not sure about how their work is going. We use very different technical
terms. Sometimes it's quite hard to understand. So, there's no way we can
unite the languages or work together.

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto