[Qgis-user] installing on Ubuntu

Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es
Thu Apr 24 08:13:50 PDT 2008

Jürgen E. Fischer escribió:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Wed, 23. Apr 2008 at 21:42:58 -0400, Chris H wrote:
>
>> Currently running Kubuntu 8.04RC and having difficulty installing qgis from
>> the designated repository timlinux on launchpad. There seems to be cyclical
>> dependencies around libqgis-core0.10 and libqgisl
>>

> I don't see a dependency, but there's a conflict between libqgis-core0.10
> and libqgis1.  libqgis1 has been replaced with libqgis-core0.10 and
> libqgis-gui0.10.
>
> What did you try exactly and what was the error message?
>

> Jürgen
I don't know if it's related, but I can't run qgis installed from source
(r8377). Installation seems to finish correctly, but when I try to run
the application, always get this error:
/usr/local/qgis/bin/qgis: error while loading shared libraries:
libqgis_core.so.0.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

libqgis_core.so.0.10 is in /usr/local/qgis/lib as I think it's supposed
it has to be. May it be conflicting with libqgis1 from previous
installations?
I have tried in two different machines, installing in different
directories and also with updated and fresh svn source, but always the
same result.
Any idea of what is the problem?
Regards
Carlos