[Qgis-user] GPS Plugin - QGIS 0.11- Mac OSX.5.4

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Wed Aug 13 10:16:35 PDT 2008

Mars,

Device discovery has never worked on OS X in qgis, to my knowledge. My
waypoint download line looks like this, but I use a usb to serial
adapter:

%babel -w -i garmin -o gpx -f /dev/cu.usbserial-ftCASM51 -F %out

You need to find the full device id either by looking at items listed
under /dev in the Terminal, or by using something like gpsbabel+ to
help you id the proper device string. You can set up a transfer and
see the full command in the log window after you run it in gpsbabel+.

Hope that helps,
John