[Qgis-user] vector category grouping

Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es
Sat Oct 4 08:13:36 PDT 2008

Jason Jorgenson escribió:
> Hi everyone.    Is there an easy way to group similar items in this
> vector layer?  I have a geology layer with a LOT of polygons but it
> has too many categories. (high resolution geology map in vector
> format.) I want to, for example, color all of the entries that are
> primarily limestone so they display as one color...  I am running in
> Kubuntu, QGis compiled from head.  I see a Add Group option when I
> right click on the items, but can't seem to figure out what that
> does...

Open the properties dialog of the layer, go to Simbology tab and select
"Unique value" in the type of legend. Then select the field you want to
use to classify your polygons and click on "Classify". QGIS will
automatically assign a different simbology to each value in the field
you have selected, but you can customize it.
Add Group action creates a folder in the legend in which you can put all
the layers you want to display/hide all them with a single click.
> Also, I am wondering something really simple as well.  How do I clear
> the selection I made with the select tool so nothing is selected
> anymore?

Use the Select tool to "select" in a part of the map canvas where there
is no feature of the layer you want to clear. You can also use the
"Select menu" plugin [1]. Third way: open attribute table of the layer
and use the "Remove selection" button.
Regards
Carlos

[1] http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/PluginRepositories

--
Por favor, no me envíe documentos con extensiones .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .mdb, mdbx

Instale OpenOffice desde http://es.openoffice.org/programa/index.html
OpenOffice es libre: se puede copiar, modificar y redistribuir libremente.
OpenOffice es gratis.
El uso de OpenOffice es totalmente legal.
OpenOffice funciona mejor que otros paquetes de oficina.
OpenOffice está en continuo desarrollo y no tendrá que pagar por las nuevas versiones.