[Qgis-user] recompiling gdal: problems with QGIS?

Agustin Lobo aloboaleu at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 04:35:57 PDT 2008

Craig, this works and I actually
had fwtools with gdal2-0-6, but QGIS
is seeing an older version but with its binaries
in /usr/bin:

$ which gdalinfo
/usr/bin/gdalinfo
$ gdalinfo --version
GDAL 1.5.1, released 2008/03/14

perhaps because this is what is available at ubuntu repositories.

For the future, if the user is installing a QGIS binary (i.e., ubuntu
using Synaptic), is there any way to tell QGIS to use the gdal version
included in FWTools? And/or would just copying the appropriate gdal*
programs from the fwtools bin_safe directory to the /usr/bin directory work?

Thanks

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster