[Qgis-user] overview wgs layers

Bernardo Rossi Doria berrossi at tin.it
Wed Feb 4 01:34:14 PST 2009

hi

Using qgis 1.0 on mac book pro OSX

I am looking to wms layers.

I import successfully wms layers from italian cartography.(maps,
photo, etc.).
the layers for italy are two, f32 and f33, very large.

Two problems:

1. no visibility  in scale over 1:20000 so it is difficult to locate
the land that you search.
2. if you add layers in overview you can see them only if imported as
jpeg and only as a  colored  rectangle whith no other details
Including obviously all the country.

So to navigate you have
a.  to set a scale inferior to 20000
b.  imagine the shape of italy (aproximatively diagonal) in the
overview  rectangle and locate aproximatively your search.

Is there a way to see wms layers in overview as for raster layers? If
no I  like to put  the question in the wishlist for next versions.
How Is it possible to direct my search through coordinates?

thank you all

Prof. Arch. Bernardo Rossi Doria
Urbanista
Via Terenzio, 21. 00193 Roma