AW: [Qgis-user] Two or more maps in the print composer

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Feb 17 05:33:13 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 10:20 +0100, Borys Jurgiel wrote:
> Tuesday 17 February 2009 08:12:24 Hugentobler Marco napisaƂ(a):
> > Hi Nikos
> >
> > It is possible to print different extents of the same map. The possibility to
> > have different layers loaded for the different map is planned for the next
> > stage of composer development this year.
>
> It's possible to print different layers even now but only if the maps are in
> different scales (e.g. a main map + an overview). You can add all layers to the
> map canvas and set the 'scale dependent rendering' to determine where to place
> each of them.
>
> Regards,
> B.

Marco and Borys,
thanks.

@Borys: Either I don't understand how to do it or what I am asking for
is still not possible (as Marco said).

I want to have a small overview map of the study area (e.g. the
coastline vector map) and in the big map the land cover map (CORINE
let's say).

I select one map frame in the composer and then activate some layer in
the legend. Then I select the other map frame (in the composer) and I
activate some other map in the legend. Both maps (map frames) in the
princomposer are updated and show the same map.

I will try later on it...

Cheers, Nikos