[Qgis-user] delimited text

Declan Troy declan.troy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 14:31:02 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm experimenting with the delimited text plugin. My text file has
the fields delimited with tabs. The plugin seems to parse the field
correctly, the sample text window shows the file correctly and  the
field names are listed in the X field and Y field boxes BUT the end
of lines of data are not recognized (even though things look ok in
the sample text). The entire file gets imported as a single record
and the cell values are listed as options for the X and Y fields.

One peculiar feature is the first field of the each record (this
happens to be the X value, longitude) is concatenated with the last
record of the preceding record, otherwise all cells are distinct but
treated as one long record.

Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong or a possible solution to get
the end of lines recognized? Note these text files can be read
without problem in R.

I'm using qgis 1.0.0 on OS X

Thanks,
Declan